Friday, May 16, 2008

Guess who I met?!

All of them!

What a fun day. It was the School House Series at the quilt show. Many designers and distributors were there to give information on new products and new lines. The highlight of my day was meeting three very artistic and nice young women. Heather Bailey, Amy Butler and Anna Maria Horner, in that order..... By the time I was able to meet Anna Maria, I was a complete geek. I had just met Amy Butler, told her about Jennifer and our shop, then she said, Hey, you order patterns from me, I know you....... and shook my hand. I asked her if she would ever consider doing a trunk show in Germany.... she said to contact her people..... I will.
After this, I am talking to Kelly on the phone telling her ALL about it. I notice my sister mouthing Anna Maria Horner!!!!!! (we were waiting for her talk) I turned around and told Kelly ( rather loudly I am afraid) I am looking at Anna Maria Horner!!!! She then laughed (thank goodness) and asked who am I looking at??? Well, to make a long story short..... ha ha..... NICE, she is not only clever and cute, she is NICE. So anyway, I am a happy person. These three young women are smart, talented and gracious. I will enjoy buying their products knowing that I once met them and they were so nice.


5 comments:

  1. Like, OMG! You are so way cool! Well, except for the part where you were on the phone with me and being a groupie! You're so fun! I'm SOOOO glad you got to go! You know though, the requirement for a TDY that super cool is that you have to work for me for another 6 years! K?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo envious! Those women are too talented. It's sjust not fair... and they're all so darn cute! I can't wait to hear all about who you meet and what was said and what you're seeing. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGH! So jealous!! Can you steal that quilt she is holding...ok maybe not cause she might not be so nice then.... need to get her fabric and make one.... You have to go again next year so that I can come too....any idea where it will be?!?!! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a blast, but today was exhausting!!!!!!!!!!! So hard. I don't know where I am going to put everything. I need a bigger building Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Siiiiigh. That looks SO fun. My mom bursted my bubble when I was telling her about the sewing weekend with AMH. In my haze of love for the idea, I did not look at the calendar. We are going to Disney World, as a family group. Which I am actually totally excited about. Just a bit sniffly over not getting to go meet my best friend Anna. You are so lucky. Well, I have gotten to meet Amy. I'd say that makes you 2/3 luckier, if we're taking this to the lucky scale. :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!