Monday, June 1, 2009

Letting go

Mom's visit is at an end. So we've been in a quiet funk mood wise. I did what I usually do when I am in that mood, I started sewing. I knew I couldn't make anything, so I just started playing with my scraps. I've been saving them more lately, those little pieces that seem too small to do anything with. I've done a couple of those wonky log cabin squares. Trying them ala Denyse Schmidt and not over thinking the colors or placement. This is called string quilting. You do it on a foundation fabric that stays with the piece. It's kinda liberating. I tend to follow patterns so much. This was an exercise in letting go.

7 comments:

  1. I like it! How big is it? Will it make it's way in to the store as a display? we need more displays!

    I'm so sorry to hear your mom is leaving. I have enjoyed her visit even though I didn't see her much. Please tell her thank you again for the pizza the other day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As sad as it is... you'll be going on yet another adventure next week right? Are you ready for that?

    I like your "letting go" piece. Very nice. The colors are very you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! so cute, I've been saving all my scraps as well and hopefully they will go to good use as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! nice way to "let go"... sorry her trip is at it's end, I HATE that part! I should turn to crafting when my guests jet... hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't tell me the silly thing was going to make me cry! Stinker. I like the quilt though. Bye Norma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corinnea...What a blessing to have such lovely ladies to work with. They were such a part of my visit and feel like part of 'my' friends...thank all of them for me for letting me be part of the gang!!! Miss you. Oh, the 'Letting Go' hanging is PERFECT in my guest room, thank you for it and the sentiment (sp). *sniffing*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this little quilt, mom said we were supposed to let go too and make some for you, my stash is small, but think there might be something there....

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!