Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Book of Numbers

So one project kept me busy the ENTIRE time that I was gone... it might have been slightly ridiculous... I wanted to make a number book to match the color book.  It was fun to make but I didn't expect it to be quite so time consuming.
I went from 1-10 and showed each number 5 ways. The 1, one and roman numeral are all painted
The hands are embroidered (my own patterns) and the dots are felt appliquéd on

Here's a shot of all of the pages
I am in LOVE with it though I am completely done with making books and long term projects in general and I am happy to say as of this last weekend I finished all of my long term/ongoing projects so I am really happy to have some 'relaxing' time. We'll see how long it lasts!
I am also excited to tell you that there will be a tutorial out for this in April so if you want to make one for yourself and can wait that long I will show you how!

7 comments:

  1. Jess that is the coolest book ever! Love the hands. Great idea! Hmmmmm how bout one for the ABC's???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Your things are always so well thought out and beautifully done. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your colour book and this number book is equally amazing. I've just been trying to act out the hand signs for the numbers and realise my right hand won't do half what my left hand can...I think my hand has got distorted over years working with a mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Very nice & neat! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book is even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really really really cute! I love the hand signs the best! Everything looks better on linen doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!