Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Little Harvest

A few of the things my garden gave me this weekend. 
Not shown because they were eaten.... a few more tomatoes, a banana pepper, and about six hot peppers.
 Annoying me again are the nasty vine borers. They managed to wipe out most of my pumpkin plants (the ones with the pumpkins growing of course) and three more zucchini plants. I didn't realize it was happening until it was too late. It was a busy week like that. I managed to dig out one from a zucchini plant, maybe that plant will survive. They are gross bugs. 
I may reseed since it is early in the season.
This guy enjoyed checking out the baby pumpkins.
 I thought I might as well bring them in and enjoy them for a bit....
For more pretty garden stories (not just gross bug stories like mine) hit the button below.



10 comments:

  1. I hate that your garden is under attack! But it looks like a lovely harvest, none-the-less. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garden fresh vege's, nothing better! So glad you have a garden to enjoy. That boy! he is changing too fast. Love his little face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would love to have a harvest like that! How wonderful for you! I hope you get the garden pests under control. I can imagine how frustrating that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had those fresh veggies for my spinach/chicken salad I am planning for tonight's dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your fresh veggies look so good! are those cucumbers on the right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those veggie look great, sometimes it is not how much, but just having. Your success certainly out weigh my own, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    In the bowl... zucchini back left, cucumbers to the right, jalapeƱos, and tomatoes of course. We grilled the zucchini and I chopped up the tomatoes and cucumbers tonight for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum veggies! Sad about the bugs. I had pumpkin ravioli in Italy this weekend with smoked mozzarella on top. Oh my... He is growing so fast! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!