Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jelly Roll 1600

Have you heard of this? It's one of those things you can easily do instead of doing a million other things you should be doing. I twisted Jessica's arm the other night and made her sew the majority of the top. I first saw it here and also here. Some quilters race to see who can finish sewing first. I have a lot few jelly roll type fabrics sitting around collecting dust  as decoration. We chose the Charisma line and within a couple of hours (way over the fastest race time) had a fun lap size top. It's now in the pile of unfinished projects until I get to the next step.
Do you have 40 strips of fabric lying around doing nothing? You might want to try this for fun!


9 comments:

  1. Never seen one of these before. Great way of using up those strips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I often want to buy pre cuts like jelly rolls but think I shouldn't if I don't know what I'm goint to use for them. Other wise they'll just sit around gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it is fun and fast. I love this jelly roll. Let us know when you have it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kind of quilt keeps tempting me ... what if I just get rid of a lot of strips from my scrap basket? ... Your top looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it ... though I never want to sew that many straight long lines again.
    Can't wait to see some other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that idea in our local quilt shop and thought, I could even, maybe, do that! Probably won't. I love love the look. What a fun project to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the stripey quilt fad! I don't think I've seen this particular version yet. It looks pretty with that line!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No I don't have 40 strips laying around...so carry on. It looks great when you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute and easy! Love it corinnea!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!