Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Garden Tuesday - Millipede

I'm thinking you all must believe that I have the buggiest yard ever. I can't help it though, I find these creatures so very interesting. Well, there are some that are just gross, like the pile of slugs I found the other day, no worries I won't show that, but this one is interesting. This guy was in a overgrown shrub that had to be removed. They are normally nocturnal so I guess we disturbed his slumber.  
They are beneficial to the garden so we left him to find a new home.
I'm linking up this post with Garden Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow it's huge. We get millipedes over here, but they're tiny by comparison. Not much fatter than a doubled over length of cotton perle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Ick. I know they are beneficial, but things with lots of legs give me the creeps. Worms and snacks I'm fine with (no legs), but these things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a millipede that large before--wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just shivered. Blech!!! Is it the photography or is that thing huge? Are they not poisonous?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a handsome fellow (lady?) with those stylish orange legs--all umpty dozen of them. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!