Monday, November 12, 2012

Needle Book

A lovely woman that we know from church recently took the time to show Mum and I a new skill. One that we have always wanted to learn and are very excited.  I am really hoping we can practice it more soon so we can show you how bad we are at it! Well me- I think Mom is actually going to be really good at it. We just both have other projects we are in the process of finishing up so we can have time for this one. 
But regardless of how slow we are at working on the skill I wanted to make a thank you gift. We really appreciate people giving their time up to show us things.  


 While we were visiting she mentioned her abundance of needles all scattered about. And Mom mentioned a needle book to her and she seemed interested, so I decided a needle book would be a useful gift. I find it so hard to make and give people things- I want them to be useful for the person. Not something they are going to be trying to figure out what on earth they will do with. Especially when you don't know them that well. 


I am beyond happy with the way it turned out. I made it differently then my last ones (make me want to make myself another one!) 
It's larger- about 6.5 x 4 inches and I added a button closure. 

 This one has felt pages with the most common needles embroidered and attached at the top of each page. 




6 comments:

  1. I like it! It is very pretty. I love my needle book, I can't imagine what I would be doing with my needles if I didn't have one. These are great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly thoughtful and lovely thank you gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! That's a great gift! Now wondering what she taught you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mine too! Think she will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loooove the type of needles at the top of the page! Genius! really great gift idea and love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!