Thursday, December 13, 2012

These Boots Weren't Made For Walking.....

Baby girl needed something to keep her feet warm. 
Jess and I found some lovely wool fabric at the Jacksonville Quilt Fest. Then she found a shoe pattern she liked here. 

We had to make some modifications to the pattern. The calf was not quite wide enough and Jess asked me to leave the lining out of the foot area and attach it in the shaft area. It made a huge difference on how they fit on Bella Boo.
That black leather tab is hiding the elastic I added at the top.
Matt even got in on the design by requesting leather soles for this pair. This is recycled leather from an old jacket of his. I love recycling!
The pair below was the first set we made and we were working out the kinks.

They are usable but a bit more clunky.
I almost wore the wool out trying to get them right....
This girl seems to be growing so quickly. Before I know it, she will need boots for walking!
My girls, I love them so.
Yes, I got this girl some jeggings. It just seemed right with the boots. 
Now I need to get a couple more light-weight boots done and an all leather pair done, and a fur lined pair, oh and a fur on the outside pair and......

12 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Perfect for recycling old coats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby boots, baby jeggings, and a baby?! There is way too much cute in this post. Can't wait to see what boots you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.My.Word. This is the best post ever. Those boots, I want some :)
    That baby is too precious! Lots of love going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are awesome!!!! I love tiny shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaarrrggghh! Those are so CUTE! Love the boots, love the baby. :) And I have about 4 pairs of Jeggings for Kaylie, I think they're great for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, she's adorable. that face! In every picture she wants you to know she's only doing this because she has to. Love the boots! I want to see fur at the top with some pom poms!! Really good job on the boots. Perfection:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! To find out more about it and how to accept please visit this link: http://thissillygirlslife.com/wp/2012/12/liebster-blog-award-acceptance/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, seriously. Is there anything you can't do???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how cute are these! Your little dolly is adorable, too. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Corinnea. Thank you for your online friendship and encouragement ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!